Hello and Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Cadet
I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write resource guides, how-to posts and other newbie type guides. This is my first server build of any kind and with all the help available it couldn't have went smoother. I put together what seems to be a rather typical setup and it went together well with no surprises.

FreeNAS: 9.10.2-U3
Chassis: Fractal Design Node 804
Mobo: Supermicro X11SSM-F
CPU: Intel i3-6100
RAM: Micron MTA18ADF2G72AZ-2G3B1 (16GB X 2)
Hynix HMA82GU7MFR8N-TF (16GB X 2)
PSU: Seasonic SSR-550RM
Boot Device: Transcend TS32GSSD370S (32GB SSD)
UPS: CyberPower CP685AVR
Disks: WD Red WD30EFRX X 6 in RaidZ2

I have a volume setup with a few simple datasets, and my primary use is for Windows (SMB) shares. Looking forward to working on more advanced uses in the future.

Thanks again,

Mark

gpsguy

Welcome to the forums!

And a big thank you for doing your homework and using the forum resources to get started with FreeNAS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Welcome! Looks like a nice rig you're building there...

joeschmuck

Old Man
Welcome to the forums.

I agree, nice little rig you got there. Please make sure that you have SMART testing and email setup, you would hate yourself if you didn't, and maintain a copy of your configuration file for when times get tuff.

MarkE

Cadet
Welcome to the forums.

I agree, nice little rig you got there. Please make sure that you have SMART testing and email setup, you would hate yourself if you didn't, and maintain a copy of your configuration file for when times get tuff.

Thank you for the advice. So far I have SMART tests and Scrubs setup following the schedule suggested in the Uncle Fester setup WIKI, and (again with help from the forums) I have emails working through my gmail account. My next goal is my first jail for rclone to take advantage of the unlimited photo storage from ACD.

Status
Not open for further replies.