Headphones - "Unable to access the network"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdspieg

Contributor
Installing Headphones was a breeze, and it worked quite well for a few days. But then it stopped working. I changed nothing in the configuration, but I kept getting "Unable to access the network". When I checked in the GUI, I saw it had been switched off. I turned it back on (most of the time, that doesn't work, but every so often - usually after one or two reboot - it does).
2014-03-31_13-00-12.png

I double-checked the URL in the GUI, and it is correct.
I see a lot of errors like the following ones, but the URL suggests they are are for another plugin.
Code:
Mar 31 12:49:01 freenas smbd[64110]: [2014/03/31 12:49:01.019136,  0] ../source3/lib/util_sock.c:941(matchname)
Mar 31 12:49:01 freenas smbd[64110]:  matchname: host name/name mismatch: 192.168.1.7 != (NULL)
Mar 31 12:49:01 freenas smbd[64110]: [2014/03/31 12:49:01.040427,  0] ../source3/lib/util_sock.c:1199(get_remote_hostname)
Mar 31 12:49:01 freenas smbd[64110]:  matchname failed on 192.168.1.7

My questions:
  • does anybody have any idea about what the problem might be?
  • is there a more detailed log-file somewhere that I can check to figure this out?
  • what is the easiest way to delete this one and re-install the plugin without losing all of my info?
Thanks much for any help anybody can give.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
your configurations/database are stored in /usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/etc/headphones. if you back that up somewhere you can restore it after a fresh plugin overall, make sure to also restore ownership to 'media' before starting the plugin again.

check if others have experienced this issue on headphones support forum/thread. check if you can resolve hostnames properly from within the jail.

sdspieg

Contributor
Hi Joshua,

Thanks (and are you STILL not married? or are you just continuing to replenish the fund? :)). I backed everything up. Unmounted the link to the Music folder in the jail. Deleted the plugin. Reinstalled it. Changed the URL to the one I had before (in the GUI - edit jail). Copied the folders I had backed up back to the right folder. Changed the properties (to 7777 - I don't have 'media' as a user, but this should just give access to everybody, no?). Restarted the plugin - again red pid. Rebooted FreeNAS. Still no cigar: it stays on 'off' (red). I delete all the folders/files I copied: suddenly I can start the plugin but I can't get into the webinterface. I reboot the NAS again. SO the problem must lie in the configuration. Any idea about how I could troubleshoot this further?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Joshua,

Thanks (and are you STILL not married? or are you just continuing to replenish the fund? :)). I backed everything up. Unmounted the link to the Music folder in the jail. Deleted the plugin. Reinstalled it. Changed the URL to the one I had before (in the GUI - edit jail). Copied the folders I had backed up back to the right folder. Changed the properties (to 7777 - I don't have 'media' as a user, but this should just give access to everybody, no?). Restarted the plugin - again red pid. Rebooted FreeNAS. Still no cigar: it stays on 'off' (red). I delete all the folders/files I copied: suddenly I can start the plugin but I can't get into the webinterface. I reboot the NAS again. SO the problem must lie in the configuration. Any idea about how I could troubleshoot this further?

Not yet, getting married this August!
If you install the headphones plugin you will have a 'media' user in the jail. Maybe in your config you changed the port? Can you try starting the service from the command line and see if errors pop up 'service heaphones onestart'. If it seems to work, run 'sockstat' to see what port the plugin is binding to.

sdspieg

Contributor
I guess I forgot to mention that after rebooting the NAS, the plugin DOES work again (including through the webinterface). I am juts worried that at some point it's going to crash on me again, which is why I wanted to do some more trouble-shooting (since I now have a set of config files that DOES work and a set that doesn't...)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I guess I forgot to mention that after rebooting the NAS, the plugin DOES work again (including through the webinterface). I am juts worried that at some point it's going to crash on me again, which is why I wanted to do some more trouble-shooting (since I now have a set of config files that DOES work and a set that doesn't...)
hmm, that makes it seem like the problem is on the program's end and the freenas forums agent the best place to be asking. have you checked the headphones log for errors?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
should be somewhere in the data directory, same folder I mentioned earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.