Hardware and Layout Recommendations for VFX Storage

N20Visuals

Dabbler
Hey Guys,

i know that there are plenty threads revolving around hardware and layout recommendations, but i guess my use-case is a bit special.
I'm working at a design studio which has a small motion department, 3 designers and one producer and we're mainly producing content for the big screen, and by big screen i mean huge LED walls with ridiculous resolutions up and above 16k.

Were currently running off of a HDD based server with all machines (10 at max) connected via 10G copper which serves our needs pretty well but is a locked down system where it seems like you cannot even buy standard hdds but have to buy them from the manufacturer for 600+gbp for a 4TB drive.

In the future we'd like to upgrade to a all-flash based system and upgrade the network and interfaces so there is no bottlenecks other than actual computer render-power. so the plan is as follows:

New Storage Server:
60+TB All Flash Storage, preferrably NVME based
100Gbit NIC
Redundant Power Supplys
TrueNAS CORE OS
RAM, CPU and everything else will be selected based on maximizing performance (yes i know that will be expensive.)

Network:
10 Client PC's, each connected via 10G Copper
24x10G Switch with 4 100G Fiber uplinks, one upstairs and one down in the server room
NAS Connection via 100G, all other servers via 10G

What would be the ideal layout for a pool so i can get maximum read-write performance for sequential but also random? I assume to layout the pool in such way that i have multiple vdevs to split the io-load? Files range from image sequences of hundreds of files a 10MB to video files that are sometimes 200GB+ in size.
Will CORE be able to achieve such speeds or is it not the right tool for the job?
If anyone here has first hand experience with such workloads i'd greatly appreciate the input!