WebUI cannot be accessed after upgrading to TrueNAS SCALE 24.04-RC.1

Imslow

Dabbler
Dears, I upgraded my TrueNAS SCALE 23.10.2 to TrueNAS SCALE 24.04-RC.1. After the installation process completed, I am able to access my smb shares, VMs and all Apps. Some of the Apps are from TrueCharts (FreshRSS or Kasm...) and work perfectly tru local IP or FQDN. I am also able to SSH to the server. My setup is pretty basic and my (Intel) NIC uses fixed IP.
But the WebUI remains inaccessible and returned a 503 error, or, ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED depending on the browser (I am a KDE neon fan).
I rebooted the firewall, computer, server... nothing worked.
Would anyone be able to suggest some ideas to investigate this case? Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions.

Last edited:

Imslow

Dabbler
Well, I just received an email notification for the following TrueCharts related error. I have no clue whether this error could be related to not being able to access the WebUI. Seems that I will not avoid migrating back to 23.10.2 then.

<<<
TrueNAS @ scale
The following alert has been cleared:Failed to sync TRUECHARTS catalog: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truecharts/catalog' repository...
>>>

Last edited:

Imslow

Dabbler
With further exploration of this issue, I removed all TrueCharts Apps and the TrueCharts catalogue too. Like before, official Apps, VMs, smb shares, SSH,... all can be accessed as usual. The WebUI remains inaccessible. I am slowly giving-up... and will head back to 23.10.2 then. Hopefully, 24.04 RELEASE will solve the problem; but still unclear what the problem is at the first place.

Imslow

Dabbler
Some update... I received a series of 3 emails telling as follows:
_ Failed to check for alert HadUpdate: Cannot connect to host update.ixsystems.com:443 ssl:default [Temporary failure in name resolution]
_ Failed to sync TRUENAS catalog: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truenas/charts.git' repository at...
_ Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truenas/charts.git' repository at...
_ Failed to configure kubernetes cluster for Applications: Failed to connect to libvirt

I read in a different post that a fresh install of RC.1 and uploading of 23.10.2 config file would solve this issue. I basically have two choices moving forward:
i_ migrate back to the boot environment of 23.10.2 and wait for 24.04 RELEASE hopping the issue gets resolved, or,
ii_ fresh install of RC.1 and uploading of 23.10.2 config file
What do you think is best?

Imslow

Dabbler
I eventually rolled back to 23.10.2 using the corresponding boot environment. I also reported the bug and tried to document as much as I could. I was unfortunately not able to share the debug report for the RC.1 instance since the WebUI remained inaccessible, and instead shared the one from 23.10.2 after the rollback. Hopefully, this will help the team at iXsystems to identify possible root causes. I will wait until 24.04.0 RELEASE is published to try again.