Gui broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivolve

Dabbler
Hi,
I just installed Freenas (so you know I'm a noob:), it seemed to work fine in the beginning but after some time the GUI just crashed. I get the error
An error occurred.
Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check theerror log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

I read somewhere in a bug report that it might be because of the log directory so I did this:
  1. rm /var/log
  2. mkdir /var/log
  3. service nginx start

That was no problem but then I tried to restart django and got this in return:
django not running? (check /var/run/django.pid).
XXX lineno: 21, opcode: 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/manage.py", line 42, in <module>
execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 399, in execute_from_command_line
utility.execute()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 392, in execute
self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 242, in run_from_argv
self.execute(*args, **options.__dict__)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 284, in execute
self.validate()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 310, in validate
num_errors = get_validation_errors(s, app)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/validation.py", line 34, in get_validation_errors
for (app_name, error) in get_app_errors().items():
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/loading.py", line 196, in get_app_errors
self._populate()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/loading.py", line 75, in _populate
self.load_app(app_name, True)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/loading.py", line 99, in load_app
models = import_module('%s.models' % app_name)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/importlib.py", line 40, in import_module
__import__(name)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/models.py", line 21, in <module>
from django.utils.encoding import python_2_unicode_compatible
SystemError: unknown opcode
Bus error (core dumped)
Bus error (core dumped)​

Any ideas on how to fix?

D

dlavigne

rm /var/log

Well, you certainly made the system unhappy, which is to be expected when you start removing system directories.

My suggestion is to reinstall and restore your previously saved config.

Also, you didn't indicate which version of FreeNAS you are running and the hardware specs of the system (which may be related to the original crash).

Ivolve

Dabbler
Isn't there any way to restore the original dir? The problem was there before so I think a reinstall is only usefull if I know how to prevent/solve the problem if it happens again.

I just installed so running the latest 9.3.1 on a athlon 5350 with 8 gb of RAM and just 2x2 TB mirrored.

D

dlavigne

Right now we don't know what the original problem was. Reinstall and when you can reproduce the problem, paste the contents of /var/log/messages (using Insert -> Code) so we can see what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.