Grateful FreeNAS Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirHW

Cadet
Greetings!

So glad I ran across the FreeNAS community before pulling the trigger on a QNAP. I completed my first FreeNAS build this past weekend and my only "problem" now is that the box pegs its 1 Gbps NIC on file transfers! I can live with those types of issues all day long!

Like so many others, I was able to answer my build questions from the superb documentation and past posts on this forum. Now, time to dig into some more FreeNAS networking documentation and let this box really fly.

Seriously, thanks to all the brilliant folks who contribute time, advice, and code to this project. This is going to be a fun ride.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If you have any suggestions on how to improve the documentation, feel free to share!

SirHW

Cadet
Thanks! I'm still trying to absorb the basics! I bought RDIMM's as opposed to the required UDIMM's as well as a Samsung 120 GB M.2 SSD that doesn't even work on the X11SSH. Nor was the SSD even required in my machine with only 32 GB RAM. Once I'm making fewer rudimentary mistakes, I hope I can contribute something to the cause. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.