FTP users access on UFS setup drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trry

Dabbler
Hi,
I was previously on an older version of FreeNAS, I believe it was 8, but due to hardware issues I had to get a new setup and I decided to go on the newest version of FreeNas. I am currently configuring the FTP portion and I am unable to get a similar setup I got before and I was hoping someone can help.

Before
userA logs onto FTP (filezilla) /mnt/DRIVE1/ sees all my folders

Now
userA logs onto FTP (filezilla) /mnt/DRIVE1/userA/ only sees their own directory.

How do allow userA to see all the folders in DRIVE1? I tried editing FTP setups and User Setups and nothing changes. Any suggestions that will be great.

Thanks.

trry

Dabbler
Yes, I am still having difficulty having settings I want.

Before I could do ID level
example
userA > /mnt/DRIVE1/
userB > /mnt/DRIVE2/
etc..

D

dlavigne

Sounds like you want to create a dataset for each user and a chroot for the user that should only seen their own folder....

trry

Dabbler
This is news to me. Can you link me how to create these datasets or give me a quick explain like im 5 session.

trry

Dabbler
Just wanted to make sure I can make the user see the Entire drive as a dataset, correct?

D

dlavigne

Any user that is not in a chroot will be able to see the entire drive.

trry

Dabbler
chroot in option on FTP service setup right? because I have it unchecked at this time.. and when I log into FTP with Filezilla.. I see user directory and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.