FTP TLS 1.2 support

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAurelian

Dabbler
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is not in the right place, but can you please tell me if ProFTP in FreeNAS supports TLS v1.2 or not? If it does, how do I enable it?

I added the following configuration parameter to the "Auxiliary parameters" in the Advanced FTP configuration screen:
Code:
TLSProtocol TLSv1.2
and when I try to start the FTP service, the following error occurs:
Code:
proftpd[26584]: fatal: TLSProtocol: Your OpenSSL installation does not support TLSv1.2 on line 67 of '/usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf'

I also tried with TLSv1.1 but it only starts properly with v1.

I am running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201511040813

Thank you!

RAurelian

Dabbler
Thanks for the info!

I`ll keep an eye on the openssl version of FreeNAS as I update it and if it gets to 1.0.2 I`ll change the configuration of the FTP service.

Have a nice day!

D

dlavigne

Might be a while yet as the version on the latest 10 build is still at 1.0.1p. I'm not sure which version of OpenSSL FreeBSD 10.3 will ship with (that's due out in March). I would expect that would be the version FreeNAS 10 will ship with.

RAurelian

Dabbler
Well, now that I know this it`s not such a big deal. I`ve been asked to use the best encryption available and for the moment this is it for FreeNAS :)

At least I can give an estimation on when we will be able to use the newer standards.

Thanks a million!

RAurelian

Dabbler
Very nice idea. I`m curious to see how this goes. Anyway, it`s another thing to look out for.

this thread can be closed / marked as Answered (or am I supposed to do that?).

Thanks again,
Aurelian

Status
Not open for further replies.