fstab mount error

leksand

Dabbler
SMB share does not connect, google and the forum did not help.

TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.3 local ip 10.x.x.x
Server with ubuntu 22 public ip in same vlan with local ip.
There is network connectivity.

I can't mount smb share
smb share has been created, I connect to it from a windows computer, I can edit it.

ACL created a separate user with full rights.

When added to /etc/fstab and mount -a
dmesg
[149782.807095] CIFS: Attempting to mount \\10.x.x.x\share 1
[149784.626126] CIFS: VFS: \\10.x.x.x cifs_put_smb_ses: Session Logoff failure rc=-512
[149784.626160] CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -512

The folder where to mount is created
on this server there are active smd share with other servers - they work through fstab, cifs-utils and other installed.

smbclient -NL //10.x.x.x -U=user1%pwd1

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (TrueNAS Server)
share1 Disk

With manual mounting, it is a bit stupid and connects, I see a text file created from windows, but without the right to edit (everything is edited under this user from windows) and create

sudo mount.cifs //10.x.x.x/share1 /mnt/share1--verbose -o rw,credentials=/home/user1/.smbcredstor,uid=root,gid=nas,acl,iocharset=utf8,nofail,_netdev 0 0

Where to dig next?

leksand

Dabbler
Wonders. I came in a few hours later and everything was mounted without errors.

The server is under load and the option to restart the server is not available.

What could help? Maybe a reboot of any services?

leksand

Dabbler
Could it be the reason that I went to check from a Windows computer before connecting and there was an incomplete session?

Is multiple access to SMB share allowed?

And the question about the practice of the organization is how to do it better:
1) Shared smb share for multiple servers with the ability to log in directly from personal PCs/laptops.
2) It is mounted to the servers via fstab.
3) There is a complex structure of folders and rights - something common for the group, something for everyone, something only for specific users and so that these rights do not fall off on folders mounted to servers via fstab.
4) Ideally, users on truenas, the domain and general users are raised in future plans, but it does not work out right away