Fresh install keeps rebooting

JPSpicer

Cadet
I have installed FreeNas 11.2 U7 on my machine twice and both times it frequently restarts at random intervals. The machine turns off and back on. It has restarted several times while I'm using the web interface, but it also restarts when I'm not using it at all.

CPU temps are good (in the high 20s at idle). I installed Ubuntu onto the drive. and let it run (under some stress) for about an hour and had no problems. reinstalled FreeNas and it rebooted within 5 minutes of the first start (and then again a few more minutes).

I'm not sure where to find logs. Any help would be appreciated.

JPSpicer

Cadet
It really seems like every time I change something it reboots. The first reboot (after reinstall) happened almost immediately when I enabled Samba. It just restarted right after I added Plex. Probably just a coincidence, but maybe not.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Please share hardware details. Here is a guide:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
That might be a great system for gaming but it is a terrible choice for a server. You would have been much better served by this type of hardware and spend less money also.

I would suggest sending it back if you still can get a refund on it.

JPSpicer

Cadet
The components are reused from an old gaming pc and you have no idea what I intend on using this machine for and thus are not equiped to know if the specs are appropriate for my use. I suggest you stop wasting your time with opinions that help no one.

G8One2

Patron

G8One2

Patron

JPSpicer

Cadet
I see nothing in there that should make me care about what that guy thinks of my computer and nothing that at all helps me figure out why freenas keeps turning itself off. Really don't care if some people on the internet think I could have got better value for money. All of this hardware has been in operation in some configuration for years and has never had any issues and operates completely normally with a different OS.

G8One2

Patron
You should ask Cyberjock, he could probably help you.