FreNAS 8.2.0-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas Rey

Contributor
Coming from FreeNAS 8.0.4 P3 x64 I have problem upgrading to 8.2.0 from GUI.

I downloaded FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64.GUI_Upgrade.xz upgrade package and tried to upgrade from GUI, but upgrade window hangs in "Please wait" as reported in the below picture. Any help?

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1905/immagine000m.png

EDIT: DAMN!! I used the wrong SHA256 SUM! :(
Sorry for wasting space! Upgrade finish succesfully!

gbloice

Cadet
I'm a bit unclear on the upgrade instructions (from RC1 to RELEASE-p1) about whether I have to remove the plugin jail and the contained plugins before starting the upgrade. When upgrading from Beta3 to RC1 I ended up having to remove the jail and add it again, and then having to configure the plugins again.

Bugster

Cadet
Upgraded from FreeNAS-8.0.2 to FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1.

The whole process took 4 minutes and so far no issues.

Thanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account

mikefazz

Cadet
Nice work

Upgrade from 8.0.4 went smoothly. Also seemed to solve a couple bugs I had such as SWAP space not showing up and /var/log slowly filling up. Auto-tuning of zfs also went well. No problems yet thanks for all the hard work on this.

Mike

freenasie

Cadet
I'm experiencing boot startup problem after upgrading from FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p3-x64 to the latest FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 via CD-ROM.

After upgrade (database was converted successfully) the system startup sequence stops/hangs in the /etc/rc.d/fsck script.
Boot continues only after I press CTRl-C on the console to quit the script. All volumes is mounted after boot finish.

I have 4 internal SATA drives with 4 matcing external USB drives for backup. Booting worked fine on 8.0.4 release.

Any ideas anyone? Bug?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Doubtful it's a bug since you're the only one with an issue with the fsck script. It's possible your USB key is bad. Seems alot of issues are fixed by installing to a new USB and importing your config.

freenasie

Cadet
Doubtful it's a bug since you're the only one with an issue with the fsck script. It's possible your USB key is bad. Seems alot of issues are fixed by installing to a new USB and importing your config.

I forgot to mention that I use a SSD-drive instead an USB key. So this is probably not the case.
A fresh install might save my day after all... ;)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah, that might fix it. Have you tried invoking a fsck manually? If not someone else will have to tell you how. I know you have to do it in single user mode and I've never had to do one manually.

lrusak

Explorer
I forgot to mention that I use a SSD-drive instead an USB key. So this is probably not the case.
A fresh install might save my day after all... ;)

installing to an SSD is useless

Status
Not open for further replies.