FreeNas + QNAP over iSCSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBIade

Dabbler
Has anyone managed to get a QNAP device to connect to FreeNas via iSCSI? I'm hoping to be able to use it to replicate to.

I've created a target in Freenas with type Disk and the target saves correctly. Now at this point I would expect to be able to see the device in Device Extents, but the Disk device drop down is empty which suggests that it's not connected or I'm doing something wrong. Authorized Initiator is set to ALL and Portals is set to bind all IPs. If I look in Device Extents all that's available is the local drive rather than the QNap.

Anyone got any ideas?

FireBIade

Dabbler
Ok I think I see what the problem is here, the web gui iSCSI section is for setting up the Freenas machine as a Target and not an Initiator, I don't need to setup FreeNas as an iSCSI target because it will be used as a replication device, I just need to give the Freenas machine a huge storage disc to replicate to.

It's a shame there is no web gui config for this, I would have thought quite a few people might want to expand their Freenas server using an iSCSI device as drive bays might be limited but ethernet ports may be in ubundance.

Status
Not open for further replies.