FreeNAS LAN Replication Error 35: write error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jisamaniac

Cadet
I have 2 FreeNAS boxes on the same LAN with replication and SSH enabled (test bed before using WAN). The push and pull see each other and the SSH key is accepted.

After I started the replication. I get an alert Error 35 : write error : write block error - http://imgur.com/AIL5Iws

Was there a permission step I missed or configuration?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I have 2 FreeNAS boxes on the same LAN with replication and SSH enabled (test bed before using WAN). The push and pull see each other and the SSH key is accepted.

After I started the replication. I get an alert Error 35 : write error : write block error - http://imgur.com/AIL5Iws

Was there a permission step I missed or configuration?
According to what I can find, error code 35 corresponds to a timeout waiting for daemon connection. I suspect therefore that you don't have a configuration or permission issue, but rather, a more serious issue either related to networking, or at the receiving computer's end.

Jisamaniac

Cadet
According to what I can find, error code 35 corresponds to a timeout waiting for daemon connection. I suspect therefore that you don't have a configuration or permission issue, but rather, a more serious issue either related to networking, or at the receiving computer's end.

The entire thing is a test lab, so reinstalling is not a problem. What kind of network issue do you suspect or configuration on the receiving end?

I configured the SSH (all works fine), the snapshots were working fine, and started the replication tasks, but that's when it failed. Was there something else I was supposed to configure on the PULL side for example a place to write too possibly?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
The entire thing is a test lab, so reinstalling is not a problem. What kind of network issue do you suspect or configuration on the receiving end?

I configured the SSH (all works fine), the snapshots were working fine, and started the replication tasks, but that's when it failed. Was there something else I was supposed to configure on the PULL side for example a place to write too possibly?
I wish I could help you sir. This sounds more like an rsync question than a FreeNAS question. You might try the irc channel for FreeNAS. One of the guys in there might be able to give you some ideas.

Jisamaniac

Cadet
Solved: Had to do the Volume then Dataset so for example "pull/obama" after that it worked fine.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
PEBKAC

Status
Not open for further replies.