FreeNAS is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisquit

Dabbler
Hi all,

Just installed FreeNAS this week on a old HP 8000 Elite SFF with 8GB RAM, 250GB HDD and 2GB USB Key. So far I'm trying to get Sickrage and Transmission running, and maybe later SABnzbd and other plugins.

I found the forum because I had problems after updating from 9.10.1-U4 to 9.10.2 and I found a fix here to rollback to the previous BE from the CLI.

Hope to learn a lot about networking and storage from using and configuring FreeNAS.

gpsguy

Welcome to the forums!

One note on RAM. 8GB is the minimum RAM requirement for a basic filer. Once you start adding plugins you'll probably need additional RAM.

Bisquit

Dabbler
I've been using FreeNAS for a few weeks now, and it really IS awesome! I have jails running SabNZBD, Sickrage, Transmission and it's working great together. I use Kodi on my Android TV to connect to the share.
My next project on FreeNAS will be installing Spotweb, depending on how much diskspace the indexing takes. So far is has been great fun working with FreeNAS, also learning FreeBSD and storage as a bonus. I also want to learn using cronjobs for backups and maybe auto backup the config to a offsite location.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donny Davis

Contributor
I've been using FreeNAS for a few weeks now, and it really IS awesome! I have jails running SabNZBD, Sickrage, Transmission and it's working great together. I use Kodi on my Android TV to connect to the share.
My next project on FreeNAS will be installing Spotweb, depending on how much diskspace the indexing takes. So far is has been great fun working with FreeNAS, also learning FreeBSD and storage as a bonus. I also want to learn using cronjobs for backups and maybe auto backup the config to a offsite location.

Sounds like you are having a great time. Welcome to FreeNAS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.