FreeNAS dropping connection to Open Directory "LDAP did not bind to the domain"

Status
Not open for further replies.

daninmtl

Cadet
Hi All.

We have successfully bound our FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6 to authenticate to Open Directory using LDAP on our MacOS 10.12 Sierra server. (For a great how-to: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...pen-directory-in-mac-os-x-environments.46493/)

Several times – and usually when i am away! – we get a flashing yellow warning of FreeNAS' GUI, with the following error:
Code:
Alert System:
 WARNING: Mo/Da/Yr/Time - LDAP did not bind to the domain

Although it's flashing yellow, we can still connect to the FreeNAS, which is authenticating to OD LDAP directory: my users' home folders live on an SMB share on the FreeNAS, etc. Further,
Code:
getent passwd
returns a list of all network users on the LDAP directory. And of course, I can check the warning off, and it goes back to green.

Trying to figure out:
1. Why this is happening?
2. If this warning can be ignored, assuming it has reconnected to the directory?
3.How to resolve if it is, in fact, disconnected. Would simply clicking on "Rebuild Directory Service Cache" force it to reconnect, and sufficiently resolve the issue?
4. A way to automate detecting this, which could trigger a script to resolve.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

D

dlavigne

I'm pretty sure that false bind errors were resolved in 11.1 (or perhaps a bit earlier in the 11 series). For now, you can uncheck the box in the alert to ignore the alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.