Freenas 8 not seeing my disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

image132

Dabbler
I'm a noob at freenas but I really want to give it ago. My problem is that whenever I click create volume it only sees 3 of the 4 hdd's in my pc, yet when I go import it finds all of them. I can't really understand that.

I've got 3x250gb old sata2 WD hdd and a 360gb. Running 8.0.4 X64. My motherboard picks up all of them.

Any help would be appreciated.

ProtoSD

MVP
Can you post the output of these commands?

camcontrol devlist

gpart show

You need to use Putty to connect and then copy & paste the output, OR from the console #9, but if you do that you won't be able to copy and paste the output. You'll also need to enable/config SSH in Services to connect with Putty.

ProtoSD

MVP
Louis is right, but if you create your volume from the command line you can auto import it after and everything should be peachy. You'll loose the extra space on the 360GB disk.

image132

Dabbler
Yeah I understand that if I raid them I'll lose the extra 70gb. The weird part is that I know the 320 works because before I put the third 250 in I was testing raid and the 2x250 and 1x320 worked fine. Freenas found it fine. I plugged in the third 250 (another known good disk as it had just come my windows pc) it didn't find the third 250. Only once I plugged in the 250 without the 320 did all 3 250's show up. It seems to only want to show 3 disks when creating volumes.

Oh and I see incorrectly informed you on the first post. 2 of the 250gb hdd's are sata the third is an ide drive. The ide drive has had no problems with freenas so far.

Hope you don't mind I was lazy and just took some photos of the output for those commands:

Camcontrol devlist output:

http://i.imgur.com/69rml.jpg

gpart show output:

http://i.imgur.com/0tCkU.jpg

Any ideas?

image132

Dabbler
Nevermind I did a fresh install and now everything is good. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.