Free nas need more stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

Dabbler
Hey guys so i'm new to freenas and as i know some tech stuff in computers but freenas is good and i love the fact i can use mirror what i love but
the user face is all over the place i think

need to be fixed
Plugins*
Storage
Users and Groups more simply not over all the place maybe build it up so it can be like windows control plane for users
Network and system - email
Sharing and Services have better control not a pop screen build it in more

with network Where in the hell is Network monitor so i can see out going data so i can see when it's up high so in case i need to add more network cards to off load it

*Plugins i would like to see
Webserver i would like to host a web server off freenas would like to see that back
itunes server need to be worked on so you can have a folder out side jail and you don't need to mount it
also work on media server plugin

also more stuff i can't think of right now

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
anything running in the jail is completely stuck with using files inside the FreeBSD jail. This is the design of jails, and probably will never be changed. What's wrong with mounting it inside the jail?

webserver can easily be installed in the plugins jail for FreeNAS 8.2.
Code:
jexec 1 csh #enter jail
pkg_add -r nginx #or whatever other webserver you prefer
echo "nginx_enable=YES" >> /etc/rc.conf
service nginx start

I think you can monitor outgoing traffic in the reporting screen but not sure about this.

Maybe be appreciative of it, you don't have to use it, it's free.. You just seem mad with that red face.

EDIT
yeah just go to Reporting tab and scroll down to the interface you want to monitor. It has TX and RX stats.

paul

Dabbler
hahaha thanks just seen it :D

dose freenas have any plugin list where you can download more plugins

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
hahaha thanks just seen it :D

dose freenas have any plugin list where you can download more plugins

not sure yet. There's the plugin forum where you will find a few plugins. The is also a Plugin Request Thread which links to a wiki. Maybe that is where links should be updated for plugins. I'm sure once we get a few nice plugins they'll make a comprehensive list...

Status
Not open for further replies.