Finally Going Custom

Shadowarez

Cadet
hey all Finally fixing a issue thats been at heart of my Journey to a Stable Nas. i was wondering i only need a single VM and was wondering which has the best support for win 10 just needs to be more capable then what Synology has as its very very very slow even with 64gb of ram.

1. Asus Rog Strix itx x570
2. Corsair LPX 64GB x2 32GB DDR 3600mhz
3. Ryzen 5700G (5950x) Later on
4. LSI 9270 8i (Flkashed IT Mode)
5. 2x 2TB Nvme SSD's (Read/Write Cache)
6. Corsair 750w SFX (lower wattage are $100 more then this)
7. 10x22TB Seagate Exos Enterprise (2 extra for Hotswap)
8. Intel DC S3670 1.6TB Sata SSD (OS/VM)

Currently i have my Synology DS1621+ with 6x18TB Drives though when i built it i chose the worst option imaginable and went JBOD so im fixing that and going to be copying all 56TB of data over to new NAS wich will have Raid 5 protection 2 drive Fault Tolerance. then ill be wiping the Synology and recreating the array with 2 drive Fault Tolerance then copying the data over with a Rsync setup so both Nas have a backup of Data.

Shadowarez

Cadet
Setup is finally done now just awaiting the disks to arrive. I setup the Nvme drives for caching. I'm thinking I should load up on ram as I can get 64GB for a great price as I want windows to have a fair amount.

But rest can go to the Arc Cache this server will be 99% Movie's with some other duties setup later like making it a Cloud back up for Photo's/Documents.

Has anyone tried passing through a APU GPU to a VM before I have the 5700G in this and my Motherboard has the SR-IOV in Bios I'll give it a shot this weekend but thought I'd update and see if anyone else has tried this?