Failing to set up OD authentication - all remote users unable to use FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley Drees

Dabbler
I am trying to get our FreeNAS FreeNAS-11.1-U5 (8e2a858a1) - to authenticate and use OD on our OSX OD master.

I had to rebuild the FreeNAS as both USB keys failed and i had no sensible backup, OD/AFP on freenas was working before the keys died. No Data lost, new keys in and installed, system getting rebuilt - However i have been unable to completely set up the AFP <> OD to work again.

"id username" works fine = i can see all the user groups etc.

ldapsearch -x -v -H "ldaps://ldap.domain.tld" "uid=username" works fine = i can see the full LDAP record of the specific user

BUT i can only create shares with guest users at the moment as if i specify a group or user they are unable to log in, i am presuming this is because it is not able to actually authenticate the user. When i try and su to another OD user on the command line it fails after trying to give the password twice.

The OD master has a positive SSL cert, and i have imported that to the FN, SSL and the cert are listed.
the OD master is the same name as the CERT, i am using the FQDN in the directory setup (i have used the IP also - no change)

IF i include the kerberos settings in the directory - it normally times out and does not complete, if i leave them out it normally finishes but i am still unable to authenticate.

When it does not crash it seems to get a ticket for ldap and kerb - i created keytabs for afp and ldap - but i could not create one for cifs, i am not trying to use cifs , IF i use the dropdown for one of the keytab for ldap(afp) it does not work, though if i don't add a keytab it sometimes does, this is driving me round the twist as i cannot seem to get a grip on what is going wrong.

i can manually kinint for the diradmin@HOST.DOMAIN.TLD and i get a ticket...

IF i include the keytab for ldap it runs through and gets a ticket but i see an error

Code:
Aug 14 16:11:30 hostname uwsgi: [middleware.exceptions:36] [MiddlewareError: LDAP failed to reload.]

I previously used this post to set it up https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...pen-directory-in-mac-os-x-environments.46493/

Here is one of the crashes...

Code:
Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-U5 (8e2a858a1)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://investigate.c-r.org/admin/directoryservice/ldap/edit/1/?inline=true

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
  42. response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
  249. response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
  178. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  162. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  23. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in wrapper
  210. return self._admin.admin_view(view)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  149. response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/views/decorators/cache.py" in _wrapped_view_func
  57. response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/site.py" in inner
  142. return view(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in edit
  571. mf.save()
File "./freenasUI/directoryservice/forms.py" in save
  960. started = notifier().restart("ldap", timeout=_fs().directoryservice.ldap.timeout.restart)
File "./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in restart
  223. return c.call('service.restart', what, {'onetime': onetime}, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in restart
  223. return c.call('service.restart', what, {'onetime': onetime}, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py" in call
  429. raise CallTimeout("Call timeout")

Exception Type: CallTimeout at /admin/directoryservice/ldap/edit/1/
Exception Value: Call timeout

Ashley Drees

Dabbler
All users can authenticate to the OD master, but none can use the FreeNAS with their own account.

Ashley Drees

Dabbler
when i SU to a known user from root on the FN i can - when i try to su to another OD user i see in the logs
Code:
Aug 14 16:51:40 hostname su: in openpam_check_error_code(): pam_sm_setcred(): unexpected return value 12
Aug 14 16:51:54 hostname su: BAD SU badmin to seconduser on /dev/pts/3

Ashley Drees

Dabbler
when it fails i see

Code:
Aug 14 16:58:52 hostname uwsgi: [middleware.exceptions:36] [MiddlewareError: LDAP failed to reload.]

and also

klist
Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Principal: ldap/freenas.domain.tld@ODMASTER.DOMAIN.TLD

Issued Expires Principal
Aug 14 17:01:10 2018 Aug 15 17:01:10 2018 krbtgt/ODMASTER.DOMAIN.TLD@ODMASTER.DOMAIN.TLD
Aug 14 17:01:17 2018 Aug 15 17:01:10 2018 ldap/freenas.domain.tld@ODMASTER.DOMAIN.TLD

Status
Not open for further replies.