failed to update from 11.1 to 11.2 - gptzfsboot: failed to mount default pool tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookin4pain

Cadet
got the memo 11.2 was released today and went for the upgrade from within the GUI. changed the train from 11.1 stable to 11.2 stable, checked for update and ran the update. Box went down for a reboot and never came back up. I remoted into the management port and found the following...

ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
ZFS: can't read MOS of pool tank
gptzfsboot: failed to mount default pool tank

FreeBSD/x86 boot
-------------------------------------------------------

after several reboots, this is as far as it gets. I can ssh into the system, but with limited access as it's just a management port and I'm not that familiar with it. Oh, and I can access the BIOS

I updated my test rig at work, zero issues. I try to do this before I update my main. test rig updated great, live box, not so much...

this is the FreeNAS Mini

any thoughts, more info needed to dig into this? kinda sucks with all my VM's down

thanks

lookin4pain

Cadet
thanks but no such luck...
resolution is ongoing and fairly painful

- built a new 11.2 release
- somehow manged to get my jails to be seen again. I was able to get a few to recover, plex, owncloud. While they aren't directly accessible, I can get to the data and back it up
- recreated my VM's and pointed them to the original VM's. I can also get back in to backup my data

I'd have provided more info, but my head is rather scrambled from digging into this all weekend and I haven't touched it for quite some time, so it's been an adventure.

thanks for your link. from this point on, I think I will continue trying to get access to everything and complete my backups, then rebuild from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.