Failed to take snapshot before reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrredskin

Dabbler
Any recourse?

I lost mapping to my server from my primary desktop, and had some IP issues on the network, so I rebooted the server as well. I didn't take a snapshot before doing this... and I had installed a few plugins and dedicated jails (plex among those).

So, now I have the shares and jails showing but no plugins. Is there any way around this? Fortunately, I guess, I hadn't set up group/user access so I shouldn't have to worry about recreating permissions.

There is several hundred GB worth of data I've stored but all could be replaced/lost if it comes to that.

Yes, I realize I should have made sure to take a snapshot before rebooting.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Jails and plugins are basically the same thing. The GUI just breaks them into two different sections. I'm not really sure what you question is and you might want to clarify. I think you just want your plugins back correct? Well they are stool there you just messed up the configuration. If you go to the plugin section of the GUI does anything show up under installed plugins?

mrredskin

Dabbler
Sorry for delay and lack of info.

You are correct with respect to the plugin question. I have 3 jails listed (from what I installed previously):

couchpotato
plexmediaserver_1
transmission_1

The only plugin I've done anything with thus far is Plex. I have nothing under Plugins, which is the primary reason for my post. I assumed everything was still there, which is what the snapshot would have showed. I just don't really know what my next step needs to be.

Fortunately I only have one Primary share, which I have labeled as AllMedia.

I fixed my mapping issue. Very Simple. It had the incorrect path linked in my GUI :(

Last edited:

mrredskin

Dabbler
any more help available?

plexmediaserver_1 jail still exists... just don't know how to get the actual Plugin to show, install, or be available within that jail.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You have lots of strange assumptions happening. This tells me you might have some crazy things configured that don't make sense. For example you don't take snapshots before you reboot, plugins just don't disappear after reboot, your jail path being wrong after a reboot is odd as well this tells me it was wrong before the reboot. Because of all these things I don't think I can help because you have made so many unknown modifications that you are unaware of.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm with SweetAndLow. I didn't even understand your first post, and each subsequent post was even more puzzling.

mrredskin

Dabbler
I didn't make any real "modifications" at all.

FWIW, I just deleted the first plexmedia jail and created a new one. works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.