Expanding Storage Pool and Dataset in Stripe

Thursty24

Cadet
Hi All,

Newbie here to TrueNAS, absolutely love it!

Hope everyone here is well?

Onto something I might get judged for:
So I have a 12TB hard drive loaded on TrueNAS using the Stripe system and also have a dataset created on it, and now I also have a 8TB Hard drive that I would like to add in, also in stripe mode, now I was able to add the additional HDD to the storage pool and it shows, however I am quite confused on how to increase the size of the dataset in order to start using the 12TB combined with the 8TB.

Can anyone assist or is there another topic worth looking at that you can point me to?

Thanks in advance.

Thursty24

Cadet
Hi All,

Newbie here to TrueNAS, absolutely love it!

Hope everyone here is well?

Onto something I might get judged for:
So I have a 12TB hard drive loaded on TrueNAS using the Stripe system and also have a dataset created on it, and now I also have a 8TB Hard drive that I would like to add in, also in stripe mode, now I was able to add the additional HDD to the storage pool and it shows, however I am quite confused on how to increase the size of the dataset in order to start using the 12TB combined with the 8TB.

Can anyone assist or is there another topic worth looking at that you can point me to?

Thanks in advance.
I probably forgot to mention that there is approx. 7TB of files on the 12TB if it helps

danb35

Hall of Famer
how to increase the size of the dataset in order to start using the 12TB combined with the 8TB.
You shouldn't need to do anything at all. If you've added the 8TB disk to the same pool, any datasets on that pool will have use of that additional space unless you've set a quota on them.

Thursty24

Cadet
You shouldn't need to do anything at all. If you've added the 8TB disk to the same pool, any datasets on that pool will have use of that additional space unless you've set a quota on them.
Thank you so much for the response!

I haven't set a quota for the dataset, everything is default, I'll try and post some screenshots today.

So there is nothing else I need to do?