Errors trying to sign CSR.

tux-box1

Dabbler
FreeNas VER: FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2
After creating a self-signed CA and creating an intermediate signed by the self-signed I then proceeded to create CSR's for my devices.
I followed this documentation.
I rebooted freenas.
I logged into iDRAC to create CSR, downloaded that CSR, and tried to get FreeNAS to issue a cert for the CSR.
I get this error:

[privatekey] attribute required

Here's the thing, I'm not going to have a private key for a system that self generates a CSR.
looking for advice.

Thank you for your time.

tux-box1

Dabbler
bump

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

tux-box1

Dabbler
You shouldn't need to generate a CSR for iDRAC, but can import an externally-generated private key.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Your post was very helpful and works for iDrac but I have other use-cases that are similar but will not allow the exportation or external creation of PKI pairs. I can sign a CSR but I can't access the private part of the chain.

Can anyone share a URL that shows what needs to be done to get idrac installed on tn. I see several threads mentioning this being done but cannot find a single article showing how it's done, what package is needed, etc.

danb35

Hall of Famer
get idrac installed on tn
iDRAC isn't installed on TrueNAS; it's built in to certain Dell hardware. What is it you're really trying to do?

Yes, I know idrac is on the dell hardware, what I'm trying to find info on is installing the iDRAC Service Module software onto truenas or perhaps more accurately, freebsd. However, I cannot find any info on that so started looking here since others seem to have done the same.