Error upgrading to latest beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugovsky

Guru
Hi all. Trying to upgrade to latest beta from 9.2.1.2-RELEASE x64 from gui.

error trace back:

Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64 (ce022f0) Request Method: POST Request URL: http://nas:81/system/firmwizard/?X-Progress-ID=83fa15dc-3df6-4b79-8189-90eec888b56f Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response 107. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view 158. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 22. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in view 69. return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in dispatch 236. response = super(WizardView, self).dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in dispatch 87. return handler(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in post 291. self.storage.set_step_data(self.steps.current, self.process_step(form)) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/forms.py" in process_step 125. wizard=self) Exception Type: TypeError at /system/firmwizard/ Exception Value: done() got an unexpected keyword argument 'form_list'

Build FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64 (ce022f0)
Platform Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz
Memory 8082MB

Yatti420

Wizard
Was fine uogradubg here.. Did you verify checksums before uploading? Did it successfully save 9.2.1.2 after fail or did it break and require intervention?

Yatti420

Wizard
Where are you placing the firmware image when fnas asks? Or does it even get to that point? Have you rebooted and retried? Best method might be save a config and try reloading clean image..

Are you attempting to load 9.2.1.3? or older 9.2.1.2?

amurray

Cadet
I am also seeing this same traceback when attempting a GUI upgrade from 9.2.1.2 Release (x64) to 9.2.1.3Beta. Confirmed the checksum, re-downloaded the file a few times. It happens in both Chrome and Firefox. The file itself is uploaded and accepted by the server, the fault occurs once the processing of the file starts. The system is fine after the traceback is displayed (as mentioned above.) Changing the temporary location of the file makes no difference. Rebooting the system made no difference. I looked through a few system logs (/var/log/messages and a couple others) but saw nothing relating to this issue.

System has 32GB RAM, AMD platform, quad-core CPU, no issues otherwise.

Hope this helps!

Yatti420

Wizard
@amurray can you post the traceback (in code tags) to ensure it is the same? Also remember use BETA at your own risk!..

Yatti420

Wizard

amurray

Cadet
Sorry, here's my version of the traceback. It looks like the only difference is the server's address near the beginning.

Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64 (ce022f0) Request Method: POST Request URL: http://192.168.1.10/system/firmwizard/?X-Progress-ID=79be31e4-f7d7-4eb5-8623-2b211c3dbdc5 Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response 107. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view 158. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 22. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in view 69. return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in dispatch 236. response = super(WizardView, self).dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in dispatch 87. return handler(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in post 291. self.storage.set_step_data(self.steps.current, self.process_step(form)) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/forms.py" in process_step 125. wizard=self) Exception Type: TypeError at /system/firmwizard/ Exception Value: done() got an unexpected keyword argument 'form_list'

Yatti420

Wizard
Can you both try clearing cache / history of internet browser .. restart local clients including freenas box and try again? Mine did suceed last night via GUI upgrade.. Have you made any changes to the FreeNAS USB manually?

Can you confirm that you don't have the broken 9.2.1.2 installed as it appeared to have broke the GUI upgrade.. http://download.freenas.org/9.2.1.2/RELEASE/README

amurray

Cadet
I did indeed have the 'broken' 9.2.1.2, and can confirm that applying the fix in the README (as root) did resolve the upgrade issue. 9.2.1.3Beta is now up and running on my test system. Thanks very much for the help!

hugovsky

Guru
Thanks all. It was the same problem:bad 9.2.1.2. All good now. I'm already using 9.2.1.3 beta. The fix.sh worked. Sorry for not giving more info. I'm using safari on a mac with Lion. I was trying to upgrade from 9.2.1.2-release, as I said in my first post. And yes, I'm ok with beta software, I was not complaining, just wandering if it was just me with the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.