Error starting service NFS

declan595

Cadet
OS Version:TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.2

Hi everyone I hope you are all doing well, I have recently installed TrueNAS on my bare-metal server, I was previously running CORE and was not having any trouble with NFS but after starting fresh with SCALE I am having trouble using NFS.

I totally wiped and repartitioned my drives before starting new with SCALE.

I have added error produced by trying to start the NFS service, I created some NFS shares ahead of starting the service too.

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 204, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1344, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1378, in nf
    return await func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1246, in nf
    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/service.py", line 163, in start
    await service_object.check_configuration()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/service_/services/nfs.py", line 18, in check_configuration
    raise CallError(
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EINVAL] At least one configured and available NFS export is required in order to start the NFS service. Check the NFS share configuration and availability of any paths currently being exported.

declan595

Cadet
Totally forgot to create an export and than start the NFS service. This can be marked as solved :cool: