Error: Major ABI change detected, please run 'upgrade' instead.

ShAdOwRaVeN

Cadet
I have noticed since installing the first beta of Truenas from 11.3 FreeNAS each time I try and update any plugin this comes up (Error: Major ABI change detected, please run 'upgrade' instead. ) so I have to manually open the shell and do pkg upgrade to get to the latest version of the plugins I am using has anyone noticed this?

I have tried reinstalling the plugin from scratch and that fixed the problem but that is not an option for plex as I have 20tb worth of movies and metadata that took ages to sort out. so what's left, am I stuck on this forever?

PS kinda new and useless with shell apart from following step by step guides

Home User
CPU: i7 6700k
Mobo : Asus Maximus hero VIII
Ram: 64gb corsair vengeance DDR 4 3000MHz
raidz2 8x4tb wd red 5400 single pool
10gbe intel 540
2020-10-29.png

TrueNAS-12.0-RELEASE

Kevo

Dabbler
As long as it's still working, I think I'd just take a wait and see approach. There will most likely be version updates coming.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
To upgrade the OS version in the jail, you need to do this(which is what the GUI is trying to tell you, perhaps not clearly).
iocage upgrade plex -r 12.1-RELEASE (replace plex with whatever your jail is called in iocage list)

Then run the pkg upgrade in the jail again before you expect to see things working, since the OS upgrade breaks many of the packages and they need to reinstall or upgrade accordingly.

ShAdOwRaVeN

Cadet
To upgrade the OS version in the jail, you need to do this(which is what the GUI is trying to tell you, perhaps not clearly).
iocage upgrade plex -r 12.1-RELEASE (replace plex with whatever your jail is called in iocage list)

Then run the pkg upgrade in the jail again before you expect to see things working, since the OS upgrade breaks many of the packages and they need to reinstall or upgrade accordingly.

Thanks That solved it

TW1920

Dabbler
I have the same message and tried it this way, too - but I got this error :/
Code:
iocage upgrade plex_2 -r 12.1-RELEASE
Snapshotting plex_2...
Updating plugin INDEX...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/iocage", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(cli())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 764, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 717, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 956, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 555, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/iocage_cli/upgrade.py", line 40, in cli
    ioc.IOCage(jail=jail, skip_jails=skip_jails).upgrade(release)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 2101, in upgrade
    new_release = ioc_plugin.IOCPlugin(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1309, in upgrade
    shutil.copy(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/shutil.py", line 418, in copy
    copyfile(src, dst, follow_symlinks=follow_symlinks)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/shutil.py", line 264, in copyfile
    with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc, open(dst, 'wb') as fdst:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/Storage_100101_z2cl/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/plex.json'

Since upgrade to FreeNAS 12.x it looks the json is changed to: plexmediaserver-plexpass.json
(looking to the folder)
I copied the new file to old name... After next try I got:
Code:
12.2-RELEASE is missing 'src.txz', please refetch!

So... I did a manual fetch of the release...
Code:
iocage fetch 12.2-RELEASE

than I rerun the iocage upgrade command...
and yeah - now the upgrade of the Jail is done.

But if you think, all is fine - no, pkg isn't working anymore... It shows me, that pkg isn't installed, if I say yes to the question to install it, it shows me an error loading revoked certificates...
The reason is simple when you look in this file: /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/iocage-plugins.conf
I see there still: http://pkg.cdn.trueos.org/iocage/11.2-RELEASE
If you now think you can easily change it to 12.2 - you're wrong. The file need to be (for now only):
Code:
iocage-plugins: {
            url: "http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
            signature_type: "fingerprints",
            fingerprints: "/dev/null",
            enabled: true
            }

Than we need to set FreeBSD repository to yes in this file: /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
After pkg is existing and working again, don't forget to rechange freebsd repository to no again and take sure that the fingerprints are checked again - so /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/iocage-plugins.conf should now be this:
Code:
iocage-plugins: {
            url: "http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
            signature_type: "fingerprints",
            fingerprints: "/usr/local/etc/pkg/fingerprints/iocage-plugins",
            enabled: true
            }

Now I only had to update this file: /usr/local/etc/pkg/fingerprints/iocage-plugins/trusted/iocage-plugins
The new fingerprint is: b0170035af3acc5f3f3ae1859dc717101b4e6c1d0a794ad554928ca0cbb2f438

And after running pkg update... Yeah, pkg is working fine with iocage repository...

But Plex isn't running... Some files missing like not installed...
easy fix with --> pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass-1.22.3.4392
With PMS_Updater.sh I went up to Version 1.23.1.4571
(./PMS_Updater.sh -l PlexBuild.tar.bz2 -vv -a -f)

My Plex installation is working fine again - maybe some other have the same fun and I can help them with it...

TerryVog

Explorer
I copied the new file to old name... After next try I got:
Code:
12.2-RELEASE is missing 'src.txz', please refetch!

So... I did a manual fetch of the release...
Code:
iocage fetch 12.2-RELEASE

than I rerun the iocage upgrade command...
and yeah - now the upgrade of the Jail is done.
I ran into the same problem of trying to upgrade the plex jail from 11.2 to 12.2, but got stuck with it. I tried the iocage fetch 12.2-RELEASE command and then used iocage upgrade plex -r 12.2-RELEASE, but it still gave me the "No such file or directory" error for plex.json.

I didn't know what you meant with: "I copied the new file to old name". Was that an essential step I shouldn't have skipped? Or what else could have gone wrong in my case?

sretalla