Error adding ssh key no known_hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomymaster

Contributor
Hi

With my 9.2.6.1-RELEASE i wanted to setup an rsync task to my backup server. I did this yesternday and noticed that nothing was synced.

So i looked in the log and saw:

Jul 21 20:00:00 storage rsync: No ECDSA host key is known for backup.kunst-und-kuriosa.de and you have requested strict checking.^M
Jul 21 20:00:00 storage rsync: Host key verification failed.^M
Jul 21 20:00:00 storage rsync: rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
Jul 21 20:00:00 storage rsync: rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]

I then manually tried to connect to backup via SSH and it asked me to save the host key. I entered "yes" (i already exported my FreeNAS pubkey to backup, so i didn't need a password) but as soon as i terminated the connection and restartet it, i was again asked.

When i did a
mount -o rw /

before connecting it made the FreeNAS rootfs writeable and the host key was saved.
Is this a normal behaviour or can this be fixed in some way?

Cheers

Thomy

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, the manual seems to make it clear to me...

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Rsync_Tasks

To create the public/private key pair for the rsync user account, on PUSH open Shell. The / filesystem must first be mounted as read-write. The following example generates an RSA type public/private key pair for the root user. When creating the key pair, do not enter the passphrase as the key is meant to be used for an automated task.

Am I missing something?

Thomymaster

Contributor
Yes it says the filesystem needs to be mounted rw for key creation but not for the first time connecting to the server via ssh (so that the servers host key is written in FreeNAS known_hosts file).

Status
Not open for further replies.