Status
Not open for further replies.

mgiammarco

Dabbler
Hello,
I am running freenas under proxmox.
I would like to enable balloon driver.
I see that in freebsd I must put virtio_balloon_load= yes in /boot/loader.conf

I would like to know if I can modify directly that file or if there is a supported way.

I would like also to know if the freenas kernel is compiled with balloon drivers.

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Mario

jgreco

Resident Grinch
This isn't supported. ZFS intentionally uses as much memory as it can get its hands on. FreeNAS hasn't been shown to work in a safe manner under Proxmox, by the way, and so you're warned in the severest terms to make sure that any data you place on the FreeNAS system is backed up elsewhere.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Can you kindly reply my question and stop bashing the product?

Excuse me? You might want to try that line again, this time totally rewriting it without projecting massive attitude.

First off, I did answer your question: "This isn't supported". Complete with reason. Second off, I wasn't bashing the product. Your entire response is based in unreality.

There is no one on these forums who has seen more people with virtualization problems than me. I've been happily virtualizing FreeNAS for over four years, and there's a path that works, and it's even documented. That path does not include the ability to pick the random hypervisor of your choice and run FreeNAS in a random configuration.

We see people come in now and then thinking they can just swap in KVM for ESXi without doing extensive testing and validation and this tends to be very fail-y.

But you are welcome to your display of testicular fortitude and dismissive attitude, and I wish your stored bits good luck, because they're at risk.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Can you kindly reply my question and stop bashing the product?
There is nobody here bashing proxmox! I use proxmox exclusively at home. Your question was already answered. You chose to ignore it...this thread is over

Status
Not open for further replies.