Email Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two wireless systems at our house.

The first is a linksys router connected to a netvigator(isp modem/router) router. This netvigator router function is disabled and relies solely on the linksys router for the wireless network.

The second network is just a netvigator router acting as botha wireless router and modem. My freenas box is connected by ethernet to either the linksys router in the first case or the netvigator router in the second.

On the second network, I was able to send a test email to myself. the email settings, email of root and default gateway were configured correctly.
On the first network, however, I am unable to send a test email to myself. The default gateway (as determined by ipconfig) and the local ip address used to connect to the wireless network are the only things i have changed (because of different DHCP? requirements).

How can i configure the first network to work correctly?

ProtoSD

MVP
I sounds like you need a DNS server setup on the first network. Can you browse to websites on that network?

peterh

Patron
The python scripts used as MTA is non-conformant, they will send "blindly" in violation of rfc823 ( or whatever it's called today)
Mailservers are sometimes configured to be picky in this respect as it will scrub off a lot of spamsender ( they cheat by
not waiting for respons from mailserver, but they do it in violation of rfc823)

@protosd I can use a laptop or other device from that network normally.
@peterh I am using gmail. Does this problem exist with gmail??

Status
Not open for further replies.