Eclipse workspace on cifs share .snap files

Status
Not open for further replies.

benji791

Dabbler
Hello,

Almost everything is in the title.
I'm stuck with a problem. I'm using eclipse IDE. I have a workspace stored on a freenas cifs share. The issue I'm facing is that some files in eclipse's workspace's metadata are named .snap and these file name is forbidden by freenas with the following "veto files = /.snap/.windows/.zfs/" in smb4.conf.

I've tried playing with auxiliary parameters in the share settings but you cannot remove settings you can just add more veto.

Do you have any idea on how I could solve this? I've looked at eclipse side if I could change this file name but it does not seem to be possible. Hosting locally my workspace is not an option. I really want to use all snapshot goodies for this.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Benji

benji791

Dabbler
Hello,

For testing purpose I modified the "/usr/local/libexec/nas/generate_smb4_conf.py" file to remove the veto on .snap. I can now confirm for sure, this is the issue. I don't see any reason to "hide" .snap files. Which process are they used by? I can't find any on my FS.
Do you have any other idea than requesting a feature for this?
I have this as a temporary "fix" and I know that at the next update it will be lost.

Thanks in advance for giving me your thoughts about it.

Benji

D

dlavigne

Please create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.