E-mail still not working correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverSimple

Dabbler
Hello,

I've been using FreeNAS since the 8.0 beta's and now using 8.0.2 (amd64). Getting e-mail from the FreeNAS box has been a challenge. Although lots of work seems to have been done on the e-mail system, it is still not working for me. I've followed the setup guide without problems, but keep getting:
Code:
TypeError: character mapping must return integer, None or unicode

when trying to send a test message (in /var/log/maillog) and the message is not send. I think in 8.0.1-BETA4 or 5 this was the same but IIRC e-mail reports from the FreeNAS box did work. Now nothing is coming from it.

Because I made it a habit to manually check the log files every few days, this hasn't been high on my priority list, thinking it would be solved somewhere down the road.

Has it been 'solved' and am I using a wrong configuration? If it should work, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Richard

ProtoSD

MVP
Hello Richard,

Do you have any special/unusual characters in your email address?
If you do, do you have another email address with a 'normal' character set that you can try?

Mail has been working great for me so far (using gmail).

NeverSimple

Dabbler
Hello protosd,

No, there are no special characters in my e-mail address. But my password DOES contain special characters, but nothing that is not on a standard US layout keyboard. Think of @ # $ % etc. I did try to enclose the password with double quotes, but that didn't do anything. I don't think those characters should be a limitation when building a somewhat strong password, should it? All my E-mail addresses have passwords with special characters, I'll try to setup one with a simple password and see if that works.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.