Drives in Pool Failing, Trying to Recover Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ustak

Dabbler
At least 2, (probably 3+) drives are failing in my pool, so I'm trying to rescue as much of my data as I can. The problem is that when I try to start Freenas, I'll get an error (picture attached). I've tried starting freenas with only one disk plugged in to try and single out which one is giving me problems, but it will start normally if I do that.

Motherboard: asrock c2550d4i
CPU: Intel® Quad-Core Avoton C2550
Ram: crucial 16 gb ECC CT2KIT102472BD160B
Freenas Version: 9.2.0-RELEASE-x64 (ab098f4)

Sidenote: I just got the motherboard/cpu and ram this past week, before that I was using only 4 gb of ram (not ecc) and an old cpu.

Is there anything I can do to try and restore the pool so I can back everything up?

Attachments

• debug-freenas-20160207023226.tgz
    68.6 KB · Views: 166
  • error.JPG
    error.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
double check that your sata cables are attached correctly.

Ustak

Dabbler
Double checked, still get the same error message.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Do you have your drives plugged into the marvel sata ports? Don't use those ports.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
If you tried what @SweetAndLow asked and still can't get to your data.. I would suggest that even though your old machine was woefully out of requirements; you consider getting those parts back in and get access to your data. Then get a full backup before delving too much further (if data is important to you).

Ustak

Dabbler
I switched everything to the ports that aren't marvel, same error. I'll try and use my old equipment, although I also had the same problem, but managed to get it working a few times. I wish the old motherboard had IPMI.

Yatti420

Wizard
I switched everything to the ports that aren't marvel, same error. I'll try and use my old equipment, although I also had the same problem, but managed to get it working a few times. I wish the old motherboard had IPMI.

You managed to get it to come up? Sounds like compatibility or something not right.. Maybe upgrade hardware first then see if you can mount the pool on a new system etc.. If all else fails you may have lost that pool..

Ustak

Dabbler
After a lot of plugging in and plugging out, I finally managed to get the pool to show up. The copy speeds are really slow (less than 30 MB/s), so it'll take some time to move everything over, but I'm glad I managed to take stock of everything so even if I can't copy everything over, I at least know what I have so I can re-download it all. Thanks for the help everyone. I'll update if something comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.