Does size matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Pearce

Cadet
I'm new to NAS and am using an old PC to convert to NAS. I have 6 HD's of various sizes, 500, 250 and 320gb. I have tried to install on a memory stick and one of the HD's but either way I get this message in a continuous scroll......DHCPDISCOVER on re0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval (number changes) New line......re0: link state changed to down. New line......re0: link state down -> up. New line re0: link state changed to up. New line...re0: link state down -> up. Newline....DHCPDISCOVER on re0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval (number changes) continues in this pattern. Are disk sizes the problem or something else?

wblock

Documentation Engineer
The messages are from the system trying to get a DHCP lease and not getting an answer, possibly because the card is going up and down. That could be a driver problem or a hardware problem with the card or a switch.

Lance Pearce

Cadet
The only way I could get the PCs to talk to each other was to do a clean install of windows 10. I am part way through the process but my OLD grey cells aren't up to it so I will have to think of an alternative way to secure my photos.Thanks for the help I did get, but it is beyond my capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.