DNS server will not propagate to resolv.conf or plugin jails

dpec

Cadet
I am having an issue with DNS resolution on my TrueNAS-12.0-U4. I encountered the same issue with FreeNAS 11.3 and upgraded hoping the issue would be resolved. I am using DHCP and the TrueNAS is receiving a DNS address of 8.8.8.8 from my DHCP server; however, this will not propagate to the resolv.conf or any jails. I have manualy entered a DNS server of 8.8.8.8 into the Network/Global configurations. This also will not propagate to resolv.conf or plugin jails when installing. Manually changing the resolv.conf at the shell works but won't survive a reboot (I know it isn't supposed to), it also will not propagate to the plugin when installing the plugin and creating the jail. I have even tried manually configuring the plugin settings at install and place 8.8.8.8 in the resolver section and assign a static IP; however, this also fails.

Does anyone know what causes this issue? I have seen posts from several years ago discussing this issue but I never found a resolution. Any assistance would be appreciated.