DNS Search Domain and Proxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ling Ho

Dabbler
Hello,

Under System->Network->Global Configuration, there is a text box for Domain: . However it does not allow me to enter more than one domain.

Is there any way I can set up multiple search domains in my /etc/resolv.conf file? I notice if I save the config on the Global Configuration page, /etc/resolv.conf got overwritten.

Regarding proxy, I was having problems seeing any train under the Update page after updating to Beta last week. My box has no direct internet access so requires a proxy server. After trying many things, I finally found that I have to enter the port number along with the ip address of the proxy server in the HTTP Proxy: box. Was there a default (set to 3128) before? I don't know how it would have worked for more than a week before updating to Beta. Could an "info" button be added next to the text box to remind people to enter the port number?

Thanks,
ling

Ling Ho

Dabbler
I need more than one because there are two very different domain in my environment, one private which the FreeNAS box is in, and one public. I just want to enable searching for host in both domains, so I don't have to type out the full fqdn for hosts in the public domain. My workaround now is to use ip address everywhere, like for my proxy server.

D

dlavigne

Create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org which includes that use case and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.