Direct network (LAN) UPS connection in FreeNAS 8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzaforas

Cadet
Hi!

I have a UPS (APC Smart-UPS RT 3000 XL) and I'm interesting in connect to my FreeNAS 8.2 via tcp/ip. I have other servers connecting through the PowerChute application. In FreeNAS 8.2 I have seen that the service "UPS" is available but I only see the option to connect UPS using a USB or serial direct connection.

Do you know if is posible configure FreeNAS UPS service to connect through the network? and where can I find a "how to"?

Thanks for your help! ...and congratulations for your superb product

Regards
Manuel

mzaforas

Cadet
Thank you for your quick answer William! I have been looking in the ticket system and I guess that you are refering ticket #1063

I will be waiting for this new feature.

Bye!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If the ticket isn't closed I'd say no chance. They've already said that 8.3.1 is to the point where no new features are being added and it is bug fixes only.

godbolt

Cadet
It would be great to have a status update on this bug. Ticket #807 shows no activity in 17 months.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It would be great to have a status update on this bug. Ticket #807 shows no activity in 17 months.

Then I'd say its unresolved and since no milestone is set there is currently no ETA on when it will be fixed. It may be that its not considered crucial enough to make it a high priority based on the number of people that will be affected or that the issue isn't on FreeNAS' side of the house and they are waiting for nut to be redesigned to include some new feature or fix some bug. I'm not sure which one it is, just saying possible reasons why it hasn't been closed.

godbolt

Cadet
Then I'd say its unresolved and since no milestone is set there is currently no ETA on when it will be fixed. It may be that its not considered crucial enough to make it a high priority based on the number of people that will be affected or that the issue isn't on FreeNAS' side of the house and they are waiting for nut to be redesigned to include some new feature or fix some bug. I'm not sure which one it is, just saying possible reasons why it hasn't been closed.

Thanks for your reply. That is some useful insight. Should people be voting for the bug somehow to help prioritize it?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Thanks for your reply. That is some useful insight. Should people be voting for the bug somehow to help prioritize it?

You can go in and add your comment to the ticket if this is useful for you. If enough people comment that they'd really like this it does give the developers and project managers an idea of what to spend resources on.

Status
Not open for further replies.