Different data usage results on fully redundant servers

William Bravin

Contributor
Hell All

I am in the process of upgrading my 2 servers from 8tb to 16tb. I am doing this the hard way so i can learn something. I have 2 servers, 1 a supermicro 2U with 4 X 2tb drives, which is my redundant serve,r and my main rig which is a pc based server with 4 by 2tb Drives. The 2 servers have the same information in them and i replicate one to the other every week. I am upgrading the supermicro to 4 X 4tb drives and adding 4 X 2tb drives to the main rig. Therefore both server will have 16tb

The issue i am having is, although all is proceeding correctly with the resilvering (i'm at my 3rd disk) i noticed that when i look at my pool on my supermicro server It shows me that i have 3.74 tb of used space and 1.36 available

.I understand that until all drives are 4TB the additional volume will not be updated.

The same data that is on my main rig shows 2.28 tb used space and 2.82 available.

Note that these 2 servers are a duplicate of each other.

If i add the datasets in my supermicro I get 2.26 TB drive space in use,

Where does the 3.74 come from ? how do i find it? and how do i delete it? To bring both servers to the same result.

Thank you for looking at this

William Bravin

Contributor
Hello all

Although i did not find what caused this.

As i was in the middle of upgrading my HD from 2tb to 4tb on my server by resilvering one drive at the time and this was taking far to long. and because i have a fully redundant server, I decided to resolved this issue by rebuilding the server from scratch. Thank you just the same