Deleted volume still has a folder in /mnt

NJMorf

Explorer
My system previously had two volumes, each a mirror of two 3TB drives. I recently deleted the second volume and used the drives to expand the first, but I keep seeing the deleted volume's name in some dialogue boxes (e.g. file path selection requesters). I've checked in /mnt and there is still a folder named for the deleted volume: I assume this is why I keep seeing it.

The folder is named volume_2 and contains a single folder, jails, which contains a handful of files named ".warden-template-*". I suspect that I can safely delete the volume_2 folder and its contents, but I thought I'd ask here before I do, just in case that might cause problems. Can anyone please advise?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Are you using the warden jails system at all?

NJMorf

Explorer
I have three jails created in 11.1 that were on the deleted volume_2 but were moved over to volume_1. I haven't looked into converting them yet, and probably won't do so any time soon.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
How did you move the jails without moving the jails folder?
If there is a jails folder on the other pool, and that folder also contains a ".warden-template-*" you may have a bit of a configuration problem.
. I suspect that I can safely delete the volume_2 folder and its contents,
This may be true, especially if you have matching folders on the other volume, but it could leave your jails broken.
@Jailer would you know what the answer is here?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Not sure but I'm wondering how they were moved as well. I'm not sure but the jails may child datasets of the template and may need to have the template in place to keep the jails.