Deleted tons of files, no increased storage space

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonRN18

Dabbler
I am about to purchase four new 4TB drives for my FreeNAS because my current four 3TB in Z-RAID volume is over 80%. To buy a little time, I have gone through and deleted a ton of files... over 1TB worth but when I look at my main volume, it doesn't appear that I have deleted anything. My assumption is that when I deleted the files, they went into a recycle bin somewhere but I can't seem to figure out where the recycle bin is so I can dump it. Any ideas as to how to take advantage of deleting the no longer needed files?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If the deleted files were snapshotted, they weren't really deleted and can be retrieved as long as the snapshot exists. You'd have to nuke the snapshots as well.

RonRN18

Dabbler
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. That was my issue. I had many snapshots. I am comfortable with my current content and nuked all my snapshots involving where I decluttered. I freed up well over a terabyte! I know I can declutter even more when I get time... I have a lot of essentially duplicates (some are duplicates other than file name change).

Status
Not open for further replies.