SOLVED Deleted data still present, sort of?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Claesson

Dabbler
Hi,

I need help figuring out this, i have deleted some not needed data in one of my datasets to free up some space.
(Deleted through CLI).

After deletion of data the dataset still reports the same amount of used space?!?
Since this discovery i have restarted the server and done a scrub. But still the same issue.

Freenas version is 11.1-U5.

If i check WebbGUI this is what i see (see picture). The dataset in question is "OSX-Backup".

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 15.05.47.jpg

If i then check in CLI with "zfs list" command (see picture), i can see that space used is corresponding with the GUI, i think. The "Refer data" is more accurate to the data actually in the dataset.

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 14.56.26.jpg

If i then check the size of that directory "OSX-Backup" with the "du" command (see picture), i will get a size that reflects the data that is "actually" there.

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 14.57.24.jpg

Can someone explain why i'm seeing this, the data that i deleted was somewhere around 550-600GB isch.

Best Regards
Daniel

sretalla