SOLVED degraded pool

Deanmrd

Explorer
Hello Everyone

I have x2 3TB drives one striped so the data is backed up the current drives are not nas drives I know nas drive last long with this usage. I have now ordered x 2 4TB wd red drivers I wont to replace them with the 3TB drives. I would like advice on how to tell what drive is faulty. and how to swop the drives over

I have just noticed an issue with my FreeNAS server says that it is degraded I think this might be one of the hard drives I have taken a number of screenshots

eeca34fbfeb6dda0ec1825188d8e9813.png

0fd65507fbd8e2dd0dc00e22e1322463.png

Code:
nvalid option 'P'
usage:
        list [-Hpv] [-o property[,...]] [-T d|u] [pool] ... [interval [count]]

the following properties are supported:

PROPERTY         EDIT   VALUES

allocated          NO   <size>
        capacity           NO   <size>
        checkpoint         NO   <size>
        dedupratio         NO   <1.00x or higher if deduped>
        expandsize         NO   <size>
        fragmentation      NO   <percent>
        free               NO   <size>
        freeing            NO   <size>
        guid               NO   <guid>
        health             NO   <state>
        leaked             NO   <size>
        size               NO   <size>
        altroot           YES   <path>
        autoexpand        YES   on | off
        autoreplace       YES   on | off
        bootfs            YES   <filesystem>
        bootsize          YES   <size>
        cachefile         YES   <file> | none
        comment           YES   <comment-string>
        dedupditto        YES   <threshold (min 100)>
        delegation        YES   on | off

thanks in advance

dean

Etorix

Wizard
Storage>Disks should indicate serial numbers, so you can identify the drives.
If you have enough SATA ports, just plug in the new drives. In the GUI, go to Storage>Pool, select "Status" under the gear and then "Replace" under the 3-dot menu for each old drive to be replaced.

Burn-in would be recommended before replacing, but a full burn-in with badblocks will delay resilvering and keep your data at risk for a few more days. Choose your evil here!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
4tb wd red
I hope you ordered the WD RED PLUS model... otherwise you will have the EFAX model which is SMR:

If the drives are WD RED EFAX model, they are SMR and should not be used with ZFS. Send them back and get the CMR (EFRX) model.

Deanmrd

Explorer
I hope you ordered the WD RED PLUS model... otherwise you will have the EFAX model which is SMR:

If the drives are WD RED EFAX model, they are SMR and should not be used with ZFS. Send them back and get the CMR (EFRX) model.
I just requested to cancel the two drives I've ordered if i cannot get wd red plus is the any other drives to avoid? Seagate ironwolf elc.. Or is the any drives that are recommended

sretalla