Dataset not visible under Pools, ACL of directory inaccessible by UI

The7thNoodle

Cadet
I'm running TrueNAS Core 12.0 U7,

I'm pretty new to TrueNAS and similar software,
I had previously configured the system with 3 Pools, 2 used for storage and 1 iocage for jails.
I had created 1 dataset for each of the storage pools and had assigned ACL, and shared them over the network with restricted SMB to a custom user group ( I think it was called "home") to which I had added a couple of users.

At some point I had some network configuration issues with the machine, I was trying to install some plugins but I didn't have a proper DNS in my DHCP settings or something, and I mistakenly selected to 8) Reset Configuration to Defaults in the Host's TrueNAS FreeBSD Console setup.

This meant I had to assign a new password for root, have a smol heart-attack because I didn't see my pools, and then imported existing pools using the TrueNAS Core web-tool. Now I've finally returned to the machine, and I realized that I'm unable to share the previous datasets, as they do not show up under the 2 storage pools (this is not the case for the iocage dataset, which I had not assigned ACL to).

pool1a.PNG

I have made new users and groups, and have created an SMB share for each of the Dataset directories, but while I can authenticate and map a network drive to the SMB uri and read the contents, I cannot create a new folder or delete files.
Similarly, the previous dataset directories show up when assigning RWX access to a specific user, but it seems that they have preserved their ACL.

user1.PNG

I have tried reverting the .db config found in data/ with backup configs found in /var/db/system/config-<hash>/Truenas/ in ymd.db format,
but none of this appear to recognize the datasets when loaded, and I have reverted to the original, most recent config.

To the point:
1 ) Is it possible to "import" the existing directories in my pools as Datasets?
I have considered create a Dataset of the same name, but I haven't had the bravery to do so.

2 ) I assume it's possible to manually assign access rights to these directories through chown in bash and I'll gladly follow that advice, but from what I understand, this means I still won't be able to configure the Dataset's ACL through the UI.

3) Is my only solution for a "normal" configuration to backup the data elsewhere and do a re-install? How do I do that without carrying over the ruined ACL?

Thank you for your attention and your time.
Open to any advice, or if I can run any commands to help you help me, please let me know.

Cheers!
14GB DDR3 (1x8,1x4,1x2)
Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 v3
2x4TB WD RED (Pool Katyusha-ZFS Mirror)
2x500GB WD Black (Pool Sovkhoz-ZFS Mirror)
2x120GB Kingston SSD (Pool gulag-zvol combined)

pool2.PNG