Custom FreeNAS logos

Status
Not open for further replies.

diedrichg

Wizard
Not too long ago @kmk posted a picture of their build in this post
Code:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/decisions-decisions.58157/#post-413027
and pictured was a gorgeous FreeNAS logo and shark on their case. @kmk said they designed the logos and 3D printed them and I immediately said I would buy one. A few weeks went by and @kmk mailed me two sets of different sizes! The check is in the mail and I wanted to share these amazing works of art with everyone here.

gE6wecT.jpg

@kmk had painted them silver but I neglected to mention my case was already brushed aluminum, so I painted them with some glossy black spray paint and attached them with some clear double sided 3M mounting tape.
CXEcejE.jpg

That looks sweet, @kmk you did a nice job on those logos very cool

Reactions: kmk

joeschmuck

Old Man
I don't see any image files. Maybe you linked the files and did not upload them to the forums?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
They work fine here.

I don't see any image files. Maybe you linked the files and did not upload them to the forums?
they are links to imgur, if that's blocked where you are viewing the site from that would explain it.

diedrichg

Wizard

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Well, it's better for everyone if you upload the images to the forum. You can even just copy/paste them into messages and XenForo will figure it out.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yup, it was the Country Block on my firewall.

That case looks very professional, Mark likes! I like the black type on the silver case. The placement of the shark is great too.

diedrichg

Wizard
Yup, it was the Country Block on my firewall.

That case looks very professional, Mark likes! I like the black type on the silver case. The placement of the shark is great too.
It’s a terrible case. It was one of the first “modern” cases I bought back in 2010. It was originally a HTPC case and I bought it for he looks, but I later decided it was unnecessarily large (uATX) so it became my FreeNAS case. It LOOKS great, I mean - Lian Li makes some stylish stuff, but that’s where it ends. You must remove 8 tiny screws from the side panel just to get inside. The drive cages are a pain in the butt to remove, it requires a low-profile CPU cooler because the PSU is in the way, the edges are sharp, cable management is a pain as there is so very little room, and even though it can hold 8 disks (1 in the 5” bay), I would worry about cooling.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yea but as you said, it does look good. I'm sure there are other cases out there and I'm sure I could take my present case and make it look really good too with some automotive quality paint. Okay, now I may want to do that. I need to stop thinking about this kind of stuff. Nope, my case is actually just ugly but it does exactly what I need it to do which is keep things cool.

It's too bad your case sucks from a usablility point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.