Crucial SSD drives errorneously identified as NCQ_TRIM_BROKEN - quirk mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Hey, guys,

IIRC FreeNAS 11-STABLE is based on FreeBSD 11-STABLE? Correct? I just wanted to ask if this patch already made it into FreeNAS:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=326782

Reason for asking: from an admin's point of view this seems not to be the case. My two SSDs of ID "Crucial CT275MX300SSD4 M0CR060" are identified with NCQ_TRIM_BROKEN although they should not match the patterns in the quirks table. There is a bug in the FreeBSD pattern matching code that was fixed by Warner Losh in the linked revision.

Thanks for clarifying!
Patrick

P.S. If anyone else is facing the same problem (minor annoyance, really), here's the workaround:
Code:
kern.cam.ada.4.quirks="0" # Fix NCQ TRIM for ada4
kern.cam.ada.5.quirks="0" # Fix NCQ TRIM for ada5

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
You should submit a bug report and maybe it'll get fixed in the next release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
If FreeBSD -STABLE is merged periodically, anyway, this doesn't need a bug report. It's already fixed upstream. Hence my question ;)

Kind regards,
Patrick

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
If FreeBSD -STABLE is merged periodically, anyway, this doesn't need a bug report. It's already fixed upstream. Hence my question ;)

Kind regards,
Patrick
It is, exactly which build are you using?
For example, I am on the FreeNAS-11-STABLE "train" but the actual build is: FreeNAS-11.1-U4

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
New stuff is merged kinda-wholesale for point releases. It's best to draw the devs' attention to that fix to make sure that it's either in or makes it into 11.2.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
It is, exactly which build are you using?
For example, I am on the FreeNAS-11-STABLE "train" but the actual build is: FreeNAS-11.1-U4
Same here - now I see I did not state explicitly that I'm on the 11-STABLE train.

Patrick

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer

Stux

MVP

Kind regards,
Patrick

Ix seems to cherry pick stuff quite often...

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I just realised I was confusing FreeNAS with TrueOS. The latter tracks FreeBSD-current.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.