SOLVED Critical alert, how best to proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasnice

Explorer
Hi alexg,

I found that scrub button when I found the Volume Status button an clicked it... Just could not see anything happening ... A View scrubs click showed... just the planned scrubs not mentioning one is in progress.... Only when I went back to the 3 buttons and pressed scrub volume (again) freenas was so kind to inform me a scrub was actually running and asked if I would like to cancel it.... NO

Then checked the Disk I/O and found that to be very high... scrub in progress...

And yes I have in the process decreased the standard scrub interval to 15 days and added a long and a short SMART test once a month....

Thanks again!

Fred

Fraoch

Patron
'zpool status' in the shell will show the progress of any scrubs.

nasnice

Explorer
The drive replacement went flawless! It resilvered in some 10 hours and the Pool is online again. Thanks All!

Interesting to know that the scrub I did before offlining the Drive managed to resolve 55 of the 56 checksum errors!
As a by product I now have replication, scrubs and smart tests set up to run as advised.

I will wait a few days and then swap all the Seagates out one by one using the failed drive process. Unfortunately the Mobo does not have more SATA ports...

All in All Freenas has done exactly what I hoped for; it protected and safeguarded my data!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.