SOLVED Connection lost every 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebytr

Dabbler
Hoping someone out there has run across this problem before. It's really got me stumped.

I have two security cameras (two different Axis cameras, each running different firmware) dumping video back to my FreeNAS server(v11.0-U2). In the camera setup I have them connected to a SMB share and each camera is connected to a different interface on the FreeNAS server. The other night I enabled an event on each camera to notify me when the network storage location was "disrupted". Shortly after enabling the event, I began receiving notifications that the network storage location was "disrupted" from both cameras at exactly the same time. I then received these same messages every two hours from each camera. This was happening exactly 3 minutes after each even hour(e.g. 2:03,4:03,6:03, etc..). Looking at the logs on the cameras, access to the network share is only down for a couple of seconds, just enough time for it to establish a new connection. This does cause some of my continuous recordings to become corrupt. I tried rebooting the server right after one of the disruptions, but the only change is now the disruptions occur on every odd hour (1:03, 3:03, etc..).

I have three other cameras (Hikvision) that connect back to a NFS share on the same server with similar event notifications enabled. Those cameras never report any disruptions. Which leads me to believe it's a problem with how the SMB share is setup.

Looking at the logs on the FreeNAS box, there are no issues with the network connections. Everything there is fine, which leads me to believe it's some type of access / security token issue.

Any of this ring a bell with anyone that may have experienced this before?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
My first guess is a bug in the cameras' SMB client.

bestboy

Contributor
Are you using DHCP? Is it possible that the lease duration is 2 hours?

rebytr

Dabbler
So I'd say you both are correct. Default lease time on my DHCP server was 7200 seconds. Since the default lease time was blank, I had assumed it was 24 hrs. So also would guess there's some type of bug in the camera SMB clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.