Configuration Issues Setting up FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am trying to configure FreeNAS, this being my first experience configuring a NAS or server, and would like to create some specific permissions features. I would like for individual users personal directories to not be visible to other users while they are logged into their account through FTP or AFS or CIFS. How can I do this. Preferably I'd like to have files that all users have access, a central directory that they can all read and write to, and then each have individual directories, whithout having to search through all the ones they don't have permissions to before finding their respective directory for their personal files.

Yatti420

Wizard

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello, I am trying to configure FreeNAS, this being my first experience configuring a NAS or server, and would like to create some specific permissions features. I would like for individual users personal directories to not be visible to other users while they are logged into their account through FTP or AFS or CIFS. How can I do this. Preferably I'd like to have files that all users have access, a central directory that they can all read and write to, and then each have individual directories, whithout having to search through all the ones they don't have permissions to before finding their respective directory for their personal files.
How many users? Is this an AD environment? Does each user have a computer assigned to him / her or are computers shared resources? When you say "not visible" do you mean that other users shouldn't be able to browse the share or that it should be visible full stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.