Cloud Sync to a local Minio Server

indie

Cadet
I'm using FreeNAS-11.3-U4.1 on a FREENAS-MINI-3.0-E+. I saw in the docs that Cloud Sync to S3 is an option so I assumed that would work for a Minio Server as well since it's S3 compatible but when I went to set up the Cloud Credentials I realized that the S3 option is locked to Amazon. Is there any way for me to enter a local URL instead (the rest of the credentials would be the same)?

indie

Cadet
I was hoping there might be a config file somewhere I could edit to override the Amazon URL? Otherwise I see that a lot more providers have been added in TrueNAS 12. I'm new here, is there a place to request that a Minio option be added there?

indie

Cadet
Ok, I filed a suggestion on Jira (couldn't make it a feature request since I'm not an iXSystems engineer). There's a lot of info available on using FreeNAS as a Minio Server but I can't find anything on using it as a MInio client. Has anyone done this?

indie

Cadet
I figured this out and want to share in case it helps someone else. I saw in the Cloud Credentials docs that rclone credentials are used so I looked at the docs on the rclone site and saw the note that a region entry is required for Minio. I had checked "Disable Endpoint Regions" in Cloud Credentials per the help popup which says to "Set this when configuring a custom Endpoint URL". Unchecked that and entered us-east-1 (picked at random) and it successfully verified. Not sure if this merits a bug report but a more explicitly worded help doc would have saved a lot of time.