CIFS share shows incorrect parameter error in permission saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohscorpion

Cadet
hi
i have a freenas 9.3 installation, but a strange thing happened suddenly , in one of my CIFS shares, i cannot change permission , because windows shows incorrect parameter error when saving permissions.
my freenas is attached to active directory , i can see permissions with getfacl and set them using setfacl.
but i cannot change them through windows.
also another question how can i setup freenas as a secondary domain controller ?
when i try to make it active directory controller it tries to make a new domain not join existing one as a secondary controller.
i tried to change the main dataset permission but problem still exists.
file system is zfs and permission mode is set on windows.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
To expand a bit on the previous. If you want FreeNAS to function as a domain controller and a file server, then you will need to do the following:
  1. Join the FreeNAS server to your existing domain as an active directory member server (not a domain controller).
  2. Verify that samba is bound to only the IP address you want it to be serving from.
  3. Create a jail (make sure "vimage" is checked in the jail config)
  4. Install samba4 in the jail, make sure it is bound to the jail's IP address, and configure it per instructions here: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC
  5. Configure rsync on Windows server to replicate your sysvol folder to the samba4 DC. https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SysVol_Replication
Caveats:
  • You will have to do quite a bit of manual configuration (no GUI for you)
  • The lack of sysvol replication means that you will have to use the somewhat deprecated notion of "primary domain controller" and "backup domain controller". Bi-directional sysvol replication would turn into a tremendous cluster.
  • You will need to keep the software installed in the jail (as well as the base system) up to date.

mohscorpion

Cadet
thank for useful info , but my main problem still persists , what is incorrect parameter error ? why it happens at saving permissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.