CIFS and AFP malfunction after enabling virtio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drommy

Cadet
8.3.1 contains a late Xmas present for those running FreeNAS as a guest: virtio can be enabled, from the GUI no less.

Needless to say, I immediately enabled it for my NAS instance running under VirtualBox 4.1.22 in Linux and rebooted the vm. It was then just a matter of changing the virtual adapter settings for the guest to virtio and reconfigure FreeNAS to use vtnet0 as the new network interface.

A few preliminary tests showed that everything was fine and CIFS and AFP were correctly identified on my networked OSX clients, until I actually tried to access the shares. Communication failed quite quickly with both protocol, after an initial successful contact. FreeNAS logs show nothing untoward, while the clients themselves only show communication failures without additional information. Stopping and restarting the services did not result in any improvement.

Question: Would enabling virtio in the FreeNAS configuration (as triggered by ticking the relevant tickbox in the advanced settings tab) and reconfiguring the adapters somehow wreck the service configuration settings internally? If so, is it too much to hope that this could be addressed within the 8.3.1 release schedule?

Stumped,

Drommy

Status
Not open for further replies.